The human body is composed of about 60 percent water. Aside from oxygen, water is the most important nutrient for our bodies to stay alive. Every system in the body depends on water.
Benefits of Drinking Water
The benefits of drinking water are endless. Some of them include the following:
• Regulating and maintaining body temperature.
• Carrying oxygen and nutrients to all of the cells
• Moisturizing air in lungs
• Cleaning toxins from all body parts
• Increasing the immune system
• Digesting food
• Cushioning joints
• Helping the body fight against diseases
• Making hair look more shiny
• Making skin have a healthful glow.
With a list like this, it seems that most people would choose water as their beverage of choice. However, according to Discovery.com, the average American drinks 235 calories a day of sugary drinks and soda.
People may be surprised to learn that water can actually aid in weight loss.
Water and Weight Loss
Drinking enough water has proven to help people lose weight.
Drinking before Meals
According to WebMD, “Drinking water before each meal has been shown to help promote weight loss. Drinking just two 8-ounce glasses of water before meals helps people melt pounds away.”
The Journal of the American Dietetic Association, further explains that “people who drank water before meals ate an average of 75 fewer calories at that meal. That may not seem like much, but if you ate 75 fewer calories at lunch and dinner for the next year, you could lose about 14 ½ pounds!”
Differentiating Thirst and Hunger
It is very difficult for our bodies to differentiate thirst from hunger. If you are not getting enough water, you may fall into the trap of mistaking your thirst for hunger. In the long run, this will cause you to eat more than you really need, thus hindering weight loss.
Dehydration and Metabolism
Dehydration causes a drop in your metabolism (the rate at which your body burns calories). According to the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, “being even 1% dehydrated can cause a significant drop in metabolism…”
It is important to always drink enough water because when you feel thirst, you are already dehydrated.
Additional Ways Water can Help Promote Weight Loss:
• Water helps and encourages kidney function; this increases the liver’s ability to burn fat.
• Water acts as an appetite suppressant.
• Drinking lots of water can help reduce water retention. If the body does not frequently receive water, it is more likely to hold onto what little water that it has.
• Water helps the body function at its highest potential; this means it is easier for your body to burn fat.
Try a Diet Supplement
If your diet is not proving to show results, you may want to consider adding a diet supplement to your lifestyle.
Like water, the best diet pills will help you lose weight.
Apidextra, a popular diet pill, helps you lose weight by suppressing your appetite, increasing your metabolism, and burning body fat.
Apidextra comes with a 100% Money Back Guarantee, so you can try it at absolutely no risk.