I am sure that I am not the only one who has had trouble in the past with belly fat. Sometimes, it can be blamed on genetics. Most people have at least one trouble spot, if not many trouble spots, and the belly is a common one. Some look like they are pregnant and others just have a small bit of fat that plagues them even with diet and exercise.
But it’s not just that. Actually, belly fat poses a more serious risk than just that to your looks and social life. Belly fat surrounds the vital organs such as the heart causing high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and in general terms a higher risk of heart attack, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and other serious health concerns. So are you wondering how to lose belly fat for good? Experts and critics suggest a few basic steps to success.
1. Get more sleep-people who sleep 8 hours are actually significantly more likely to be of a healthy weight than those who sleep 7 hours. It is a one hour difference! Most would think of that as relatively insignificant. I know I did in earlier years. But that small problem makes a huge difference. Just imagine the difference if you are only getting 3, 4, or 5 hours of sleep.
2. Lower your alcohol consumption-they don’t call it a beer belly for fun. The empty calories in beer and other forms of alcohol have actually been shown to contribute directly to belly fat. So if you want to eliminate belly fat, do yourself a favor and cut it down to max 1 glass per day. This will do you quite a few favors in the long run.
3. Drop the trans fat-yes, you do have to drop trans fat. Trans fat is the bad fat that most think of when they think of fat. It clogs the arteries causing high cholesterol and heart disease in general, and ultimately speaking, it contributes largely to belly fat causing this obviously aesthetic issue.
4. Reduce stress-While I wouldn’t advocate the diet pills that claim to reduce stress and therefore reduce cortisol buildup and belly fat, stress does play a part. You aren’t likely to have that much cortisol buildup, that would be a medical condition. But stress can cause some to eat more, some to eat junk food, and others in general to do things that would increase belly fat, decrease metabolism and otherwise contribute to the greater issue at hand.
5. Cleanse your body-it is said that toxins tend to build up in areas such as the colon, liver, and other areas that tend to lie in the area of the belly. Therefore, it could cause the belly to protrude, therefore causing what appears to be belly fat. If you cleanse the colon, liver, or the entire body for that matter, many have reported that one of the common benefits is a reduction in belly size.